What are the storage costs for a 3 bedroom house?
How much storage space do I need for my 3-bedroom house and what are the costs?
You can calculate the space you need from the number of bedrooms in your home.
The average number of bedrooms in a UK household is predicted to be around 3 in total.
The number of bedrooms in people’s homes has surprisingly declined over time, it was more common to have around four bedrooms in late 1980s for example.
How much storage space do I need for a two-or three-bedroom house?
Based on our existing customers, we have calculated the following sizes for your home storage:
- 2-bedroom house – 75-100 square foot storage unit
- 3-bedroom house – 120 square foot storage unit (Most Common)
- 4-bedroon house – 150 square foot storage unit
- 5-bedroom house – 200 square foot storage unit
- 6+ bedrooms – Consider renting more than one storage unit – one unit for upstairs and one for downstairs.
How much storage do I need for a two-bed flat?
We have calculated that a 60 quare foot storage unit is an ideal size for storage contents from a two-bed flat.
- 2-bedroom flat – 60 Square foot unit
- 3-bedroom flat – 100 square foot unit
- 4-bedroom flat – 120 square foot unit
Long-term home storage
Sometimes you need long-term storage solutions to store your home contents.
If you are relocating abroad or further away and need storage for some time you may need to consider more options. The duration and size of your storage depends on many factors, so you may want to consider the following:
- Duration – How long to store your contents
Length of time you are planning to relocate (3 months – 2 years?)
Ashton self-storage units are available to rent from 2 weeks to indefinitely.
- Size of storage – Increasing or Reducing Contents in storage
Will you be downsizing and selling your furniture whilst you are away? Consider a bespoke quote for your storage unit. Contact our team directly to discuss your preference.
- Access to storage
Do you need to give access to your storage unit to another member of your family? No problem, you can give them access to our secure storage units whilst your away. Returning to the UK during the holidays? You may need access to your seasonal items like your Christmas tree!
- Protecting Valuables
Storing something of value? All Ashtons self-store units include 24-hour security 7 days a week. So, you can be assured that your family heirlooms, valuable contents, and sentimental items are protected and insured. We also have a forklift service if you need to help with heavy boxes.